Megan Rapinoe is an American professional soccer player who plays for and captains Reign FC in the National Women's Soccer League, as a midfielder and winger. As a member of the United States women's national soccer team, she helped the U.S. win the 2015 and 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup as well as gold at the 2012 London Olympics, and finish runners-up at the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup. Since 2018, she co-captains her national team alongside Carli Lloyd and Alex Morgan.
Rapinoe is an advocate for numerous LGBTQ+ organizations, including the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN) and Athlete Ally. In 2013, she was awarded the board of directors Award by the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center. She is also now a strong advocate for equal pay for the Women’s Soccer team, especially considering their higher viewership, revenue, and overall number of wins. In March of 2019, she filed a lawsuit along with her other teammates against the US Soccer Federation for gender pay discrimination.
- Time: Doors open at 6:00PM. Event begins at 7:00PM.
- Location: Archie M. Griffin Grand Ballroom in the Ohio Union
- Event Format: Moderated Q&A with an audience Q&A to follow.
- Ticket Policy: Tickets and valid BuckID are required for entry. Please keep in mind that tickets are on first come, first serve basis. 1 per BuckID.
- Transportation: Most students walk to the venue. ADA parking is available. As always, ride sharing services are an option.
- For e-Ticketing questions, please contact email@example.com.
- For press inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.